Improved Pharma has added new capabilities to their existing microscopy services. Now in addition to stereomicroscopy and polarized light microscopy, Improved Pharma can provide analysis via infrared microspectroscopy and hot stage optical microscopy.
Improved Pharma has expanded their in-house microscopy services. In addition to stereomicroscopy and polarized light microscopy, new capabilities include infrared microspectroscopy and hot stage optical microscopy.
“The amount of information that can be obtained from even a single particle can solve many complex problems often encountered in pharmaceutical development. Contaminant identification, detection of polymorphic changes, and full thermal characterization are just some of the new capabilities we can now offer in-house” said Pamela Smith, COO.
Improved Pharma scientists hold advanced degrees specializing in microscopy and microspectroscopy and have decades of experience using microscopy to solve pharmaceutical problems.
New instrumentation includes the following:
- Olympus SZ45
- Nikon, SMZ800 with Schott Fiber optic illumination and HD digital imaging
Polarized light microscopes:
- Olympus BX51TRF, equipped with transmitted and reflected brightfield/darkfield illumination (including fluorescence microscopy capabilities) with HD digital imaging
- Olympus BH2-BHS reflected polarized light microscopy with differential interference contrast and HD digital imaging
Infrared microspectroscopy accessories:
- Smiths Detection IlluminatIR 1.5
- Smiths Detection IlluminatIR 2.0
Hot stage accessory:
- Linkam LTS420 hot stage with T95 Temperature Controller and LNP (liquid nitrogen pump)
Image: Sample 2-16